Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Sunbathing. Nude. At home.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/5014450.stm

Woman allowed to sunbathe naked

Lynett Burgess's neighbour filmed her walking around naked
A district nurse has been cleared by a court of indecent exposure after sunbathing naked in her back garden.

Lynett Burgess, 55, from Llandyfriog, near Cardigan in west Wales, was filmed by a "shaken" neighbour in July 2005 and was charged by police.

The prosecution at Cardigan Magistrates Court said Ms Burgess's nude sunbathing was "not normal" behaviour.

But magistrates cleared her, adding that it was accepted she did not intend to "cause harm or distress".

The court heard that Ms Burgess's next-door neighbour Morien Jones, 34, filmed her sunbathing naked and took the video to police.

Father-of-three Mr Jones told magistrates: "I was renovating the back of my home with a local builder when Ms Burgess appeared in her garden.

"She walked back and fore completely naked - I went to get my video camera to record the incident.

"I have been extremely shaken by this. It has been very upsetting and worrying. I don't want to bring up my children in such an environment."

The film was shown to magistrates who were asked to decide whether Ms Burgess had offended anyone.

The district nurse said she found the prosecution "prudish"

Prosecutor Maggie Hughes said sunbathing nude "could be grossly offensive to normal decent persons in society".

She asked Ms Burgess: "What kind of kick do you get from this behaviour?"

Ms Burgess replied: "I take exception to the word kick and find you prudish."

Ms Hughes added: "I may be prudish but it's not normal for people to sunbathe in the nude."

But magistrates cleared Ms Burgess, a nurse and occupational therapist, of indecent exposure.

'Acute anxiety'

Trevor Emberton, chairman of Cardigan magistrates, told her: "You have admitted sunbathing naked from time to time and that this has become a normal pattern.

"We do not accept you intended to cause harm or distress and therefore find you not guilty."

Miss Burgess said after the case: "I'm glad to get this over and done with.

"I intend moving away from the area and getting on with my life and occupation.

"I've lived more or less as a hermit since this blew up. It has caused me acute anxiety and I now want to put it behind me."


Hehehe.

Interesting. Although I would say that she would do a lot better if she had a fence set up at her back yard. I'm surprised someone reported this to the police. It's my home, at my area, so I can do whatever I want.

Right?

Erm...

Maybe. LoL.

But given that we are quite a conservative society, I doubt it will really happen. Heh.

---

Song of (Whatever) changed to Kirameku Namida wa Hoshi ni by Tainaka Sachi, Fate/Stay Night's 2nd opening theme.

Fantastic. I just love her voice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home